Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Weekend...Random Post

We had a nice relaxing weekend!  My husband and I went out for a date night on Friday night at our favorite local Thai restaurant followed by coffee at Starbucks!  I love date nights!!


A new Fall candle and garland for the mantle.  I especially love candles around the holidays!


A nice glass of organic red wine on a cold Saturday evening.


And the most delicious pumpkin chocolate chip bread I have ever made.  We have friends coming over for dinner on Saturday night and I will definitely be serving this for dessert, recipe found here.

Oh, and we decided on a new car.  We went with the Subaru Outback Wagon in Graphite Gray and I love it!

8 comments:

  1. I feel like I can taste that bread coming through the phone... Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bread looks so delicious - i am guessing it is a bit like banana bread which is called bread but really tastes like cake! I do love a glass of red wine in the winter, and your date night sounds fun. We love Thai food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gillian, it's similar to banana bread, but a bit sweeter with the chocolate. And yes, Thai food is the best!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful weekend -- aren't date nights the best? :-) And congratulations on your new car!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria! Date nights are the best! My husband and I always have so much fun together! And I am loving my new car!

      Delete
  4. the pumpkin bread looks delicious! I bet my kiddos would eat it too since it has chocolate chips in it. and congrats on the new car!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia! This bread is great for kids. They love the chocolate and it's a good way to sneak a little (healthy) pumpkin in, too. Enjoy!

      Delete