Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Bouncing back

 




Hi friends! I didn't mean to be gone for so long. September has been busy with homeschooling and getting sick... ugh. Charlotte came down with strep throat and a sinus/upper respiratory infection a week ago Friday and I, unfortunately, came down with the same thing last Wednesday. She kicked it in about five days and is feeling back to normal now. I'm getting there just not as quickly as her. I still have a bit of a sore throat and took an hour nap again this afternoon. I'm not a napper, so I'm usually not feeling great if I nap. I hope to be feeling back to normal very soon!

Charlotte recently completed her second embroidery and it turned out beautifully! It's a fun hobby and she really enjoys it. She's working on a new one for Christmas. 

My flower garden is still going strong, thankfully. Hopefully, we don't get too much rain and wind with the hurricane coming up our way from Florida. I'm ready for true autumn weather. Our weather lately has felt more like summer than autumn. It's been warm and humid. What's the weather like where you are? Have you bought pumpkins yet? We planned to last weekend, but that didn't happen. Hoping we get around to it this weekend. I'm excited to add some more autumn to our front porch!

I'll be back soon to share the recipes I promised to share in my last post. Isn't Rosie the sweetest snoozing with her little paw up by her face? Well, I'm off to make another cup of hot tea. Have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. Charlotte's embroidery is truly lovely. And I am a big fan of flowers, embroidered and fresh.
    Happy Fall!
    Stay safe in that horrid weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're both fighting fit again very soon. Charlotte's embroidery is beautiful, she's got a talent, something to treasure. Oh yes, Rosie definitely is sweet, such a cutie. Our weather is definitely autumnal at the moment, it's got much cooler this past week, it's not my favourite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for all who are any kind of path of the Hurricane. Charlotte did a great job on the embroidery...this is great that she is looking to do another one. Glad she is feeling better, and hope you recoup quickly as well. Excited to see your recipes when you feel better. Happy Fall even though it still feels like Summer. 🍁

    ReplyDelete
  4. The embroidery is gorgeous. Well done, Charlotte!
    And I hope you feel better soon. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think embroidery is a lost art. I don't know anyone who does it other than a younger mom at my church who makes xmas ornaments and embroiders any name/saying on them. Your daughter's is so very pretty!!
    The puppy is adorable.
    I hope you're feeling better soon.
    Yes we are JUSt starting to see some leaves change here in eastern NY/the ADK. Today is the coolest it's been in awhile. 59 and some clouds with rain this morning.we had a very dry and hot summer so we really do need some rain. I have several pumpkins on the front porch, deck and back yard. I still need to get a couple of the bigger ones for my flower garden in front.
    enjoy the week and stay safe from the hurricanes down there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello dear Friend! I sure hope you fully kick the crud soon. 🙏🏻
    The embroidery is lovely.
    And those flowers are gorgeous!!
    It's finally been getting cooler here. 60's and 70's in the day and 40's and 50's at night - absolutely delicious!
    I haven't bought my outdoor pumpkins or mums yet, but hope to soon. I've finally started decorating for Fall inside! 🍁💛
    Blessings. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to read you've both been unwell, hope you are back to 100% very soon.
    That is such a sweet photographs of Rosie.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julia, I'm so sorry to hear that you and Charlotte have been ill. Praying that you are back to normal soon. Sore throats are nasty!

    Your flowers are beautiful and please tell Charlotte that I love her embroidery project. She does beautiful work!

    Rest well, my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete