Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Gallery Wall and My Dining Room

Okay friends I need your honest opinion on my gallery wall.  I like it and I don't like it.  I used mirrors that I already had on hand.  My favorite being the sunburst mirror, but I could always find another spot for it.  I am not sure about the black ones.  I really don't love them.  So my question to you is should they all be rectangular, but different sizes and similar in frame finish?  Should they go up to the crown molding?  Should they cover the entire wall, or just over the side table?  The black lamp will eventually be changed when I find a new one, maybe even a pair.  And I am not crazy about the wall color in this space, but I do not plan to change it because it would be such a process.  Our kitchen, family room, and dining room are basically one room plus two hallways.  I am just not up for that kind of project especially with a toddler running around and we keep saying that we are eventually going to move.  






Thanks so much!  I appreciate your comments!

2 comments:

  1. I like it! The sunburst mirror is beautiful, I can see why you made it the centre piece. I don't think you need to change the wall colour, it's lovely as it is. You could buy a few more small mirrors from charity shops (do you have those? I think they are like Goodwill) or ebay, and keep adding to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Gillian! I agree. I need to add a few more small ones to fill in the holes. Yes, we do have Godwill in my area. I need to check there. And maybe a few antique shops as well.

    ReplyDelete