Saturday, May 19, 2012

Charlotte's Big Girl Bed!

I am still in the process of finishing up Charlotte's big girl bed, but wanted to share a few photos of what we have done so far.  I am working on getting a white upholestered headboard and a few accent pillows which will complete this project.  It's been fun changing up her room a bit!



The quilt and sheets are from Pottery Barn Kids.  I purchased the bedskirt fabric from a local fabric store and had the tailored skirt made.  It's perfect!  Sorry about the bedrail as it does take away from the skirt, but it was too much of a pain to remove.


Beautiful quilt!


I absolutely love this fabric garland (from her birthday party) draped across the window!  It's perfect in her room!


Sorry for the dark photos.  I'm not sure what is going on with my camera.  We are in the market for a new one.  Any suggestions??


I am also thinking of doing a gallery wall of her artwork and a few other paintings above the bed.  This wall needs something.

8 comments:

  1. Charlotte's room looks oh so cozy, loving the spotted chair, lovely balance to the quilt. Garland cute too! It's such fun decorating a child's room. I live in Sydney and design and make vintage inspired children's clothing. I love decorating and have almost completed a beach house make over. I hope you pop on over and say hi! Congrat's on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'll definitely pop over and say hello! It really is so much fun decorating a child's room!

      Delete
  2. Oh, it's so pretty! Love the pink and green shades you have chosen. The quilt is really nice, and it all ties together so well. I love that green table. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian! I am loving all the pink and green, too!

      Delete
  3. I love Pottery Barn Kids - they have the cutest patterns. The yellow on the quilt is really lovely. I'm not sure about cameras though. All of our friends have DSLRs - it seems like we're the only ones with a point and shoot. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! Pottery Barn Kids does have the cutest patterns! It's one of my favorite places to shop.

      Delete
  4. The room looks gorgeous and love the bedding, such a good investment as it will last for ages! I don't know about cameras either, I desperately want a DSLR but haven't actually thought about which one I want! I just know I want one! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! Charlotte is enjoying her new bedding!

      Delete