Saturday, October 3, 2020

Early October

Hello!  I hope you are enjoying this beautiful time of year.  It really is my very favorite!  The weather has finally cooled off, the sky is bright blue, and the leaves are slowly beginning to change.  Oh, and we have pumpkins on the front porch!  Little Rosie is enjoying checking them out.

I recently made homemade overnight sourdough bread and I'm embarrassed to say I ate almost half the loaf the minute it came out of the oven.  I really cannot resist warm, freshly baked bread topped with butter.  I also made Ina Garten's pumpkin cupcakes with maple frosting and they were delicious!  Ina's new cookbook Modern Comfort Food is expected to arrive on Tuesday and I'm so excited to dive into it soon!

So, what are you up to?  Have you decorated for fall or been to a pumkin patch?  Anyway, I hope you are having a nice weekend.








4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I saw your link on Billie Jo's blog. For some reason you had disappeared from my follow list.
    Those cupcakes look absolutely delicious and I love the leaf decorations. I've been thinking of giving soda bread a try, freshly baked bread is the best. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jules! I'm so glad you found my blog again. The cupcakes were fantastic - just perfect for this time of year.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful fall photos! Those cupcakes look so festive. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your decorations with the pumpkins. Your dog looks so sweet! Cupcakes looks delicious! We have not done much this year in terms of decorations or visiting orchards. The one here somewhat close to us is closed this year. My daughter and family aren't coming this Fall like they do every year. Hope to get a little more excited for Christmas! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete