Sunday, February 8, 2015

Hello February


Today is very warm and sunny - a taste of Spring!  Charlotte painted outside in a short sleeve shirt.  I wouldn't mind to have another month of Winter, though.  I've enjoyed it this year!  I know I will miss the cozy, cold evenings when it's 90 degrees in July.

We've been baking and decorating for Valentine's day!  I picked up a bunch of yellow tulips at Trader Joe's yesterday.  I love having fresh flowers in the house.  

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!  Since the weather is so nice we are grilling salmon for dinner tonight with potatoes and probably a nice salad... Yum!









8 comments:

  1. Love the mantel decor and the twinkle lights around the door.

    We are under a blizzard wartch with freezing rain and high winds for today and tomorrow. No spring here any time soon, lol!

    Enjoy your din-din!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue! Hope you are staying warm. We are expected to be back to winter here by Thursday with lows in the teens and highs in the thirties!

      Delete
  2. I love your decorations and your cookies, Julia. They came out so pretty. I hope you're able to enjoy the warm weather while it lasts. I'm going to look at the tulips when I go to Trader Joe's this week; I can't wait until the super cheap daffodils are available, the $1/bunch ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, grilled salmon with potatoes and salad - that sounds divine, and so summery. It's still pretty cold here and spring wont come properly until April. Your Valentine's mantel is lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winter no longer exists in my area :( I loved celebrating Valentine's day with my girls when they were little, so fun to make cookies and put up decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we may have winter forever here in the northeast. Your home looks so bright and cozy. Love your daughter's TO DO list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your cookies look so yummy! I need to make some for our grandsons. We are definitely spring here in Oregon! Your daughter is a doll. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julia!! I don't think I realized that you had a blog! So glad I found it. I was on my friend Sarah's blog (Pewter + Sage) and saw your comment. I love your mantel - you did a great job with it! Great doses of color and texture :)

    ReplyDelete