Friday, January 9, 2015

Cheerful January

I have really enjoyed winter this year, probably more than ever.  I've enjoyed the cold, bright days and the cozy, dark evenings.  But after the holidays, I was ready to brighten things up a bit.  I love some of my favorite artwork pieces layered on the mantel.  It's bright and cheerful, and that's exactly what I wanted. 

A very dear friend gifted me a handmade garland that I absolutely adore.  It's happy and colorful, and so perfect in my dining room!

I hope you are enjoying this month, as well.  I've already spotted tulips at the grocery store, and I can't wait to by the first bunch of the year!



8 comments:

  1. Your house looks beautiful, Julia. Love the garland - it lends a great splash of color. The house always looks so bare when the tree is taken down and all the decorations put away. I was thinking a few flowers placed here and there might do the trick here. Tulips would be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! Flowers always help to brighten up a home... especially my favorite - tulips!

      Delete
  2. Love the garland, Julia; I just started crocheting one for my kitchen window. Bring on the COLOUR!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue! Your kitchen window garland looks fabulous.

      Delete
  3. Yay! Now I don't feel so bad about waiting months to send it! The things I miss most (besides the twinkling tree) are the pillows I made for the holidays. I'm going to have to make some new bright ones soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amber! I love my garland probably more than you know. It makes me happy every time I look at it. Thank you! I can't wait to see your new pillow covers.

      Delete
  4. I am also loving winter this year and think that some colour definitely lifts the spirits. The garland is so pretty. x

    ReplyDelete