Thursday, June 27, 2013

Random Post

Okay, well Charlotte gave up her nap almost a month ago and is not interested in afternoon quiet time, so I have been busy trying to keep her busy and entertained all day.  We are spending our days playing with her train set, playing in her kiddie pool, visiting the library, the park, etc.  I feel like I haven't had a lot of time to put a post together and I'm just too tired after we get her to bed at night.

So I made lasagna a few evenings ago with all of my fresh basil and it was delicious!  I used a simple organic marinara jar sauce and just added lots of fresh basil and ground turkey.





I also added a layer of basil... we really love basil in our house!


Fresh out of the oven and ready to enjoy!


We celebrated my Mom's birthday on Tuesday at a lovely French Restaurant and I snapped a photo of Charlotte by the pretty flowers after lunch.  She is getting so big and really changing everyday.

I hope you all are having a nice summer!  Hopefully we will do something fun for July 4th and I'll have more photos to share. 

12 comments:

  1. Your lasagna looks delicious! I love basil too, the more the better. Charlotte is such a pretty little girl, what a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! Yes, the more basil the better!

      Delete
  2. Ok jealous that she has been napping until now! But that's rough that she won't transition to some alone time. Could you read her a book or two and then set a timer she can see?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber! I haven't thought about using a timer, but that's a really great idea.

      Delete
  3. That lasagna looks so good. I hardly ever make it - no idea why, I love it. In fact, I might make one for dinner tonight, you've inspired me! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gillian, I am so glad I inspired you! Every time I make one I wonder why I don't make them more often.

      Delete
  4. I always forget about lasagna, too. And basil, even though we like it. Sorry about losing the nap, it's a rough transition for both of you. Eventually it makes things easier. Jane isn't cool with "quiet time" either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has been a rough transition, but it is getting easier. And we don't have to plan our days around her nap now, which is nice.

      Delete
  5. This looks delicious! :) And no nap? Oh my-how would I survive? I suppose I'll find out soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks delicious! Would love a bite...or two

    ReplyDelete