Sunday, April 7, 2013

New Paint, Pillows, Artwork and More

I am finally getting around to posting photos of our new paint color (which I love!)  It's Sherwin Williams Harmony Paint in Softer Tan.  Here is a photo of the old paint color.  It's definitely much lighter and brighter now.  The old color had a lot of yellow and even peach tones.  It was time for it to go!


The pillows are new.  The white one is from Pottery Barn and the green floral print are from Etsy.  I have wanted to introduce pink tones into this space for a while now.  I finally gave into myself and did it!  Yay!!  I am so glad I did because I absolutely love these pillows!  


This is really just the beginning with the pillows.  I need more!  Maybe another white one from PB and a few more in different prints.  I love to mix prints with solids and stripes.  This is going to fun!  I'm thinking I need about five or six total on this sofa.  Eventually I want to switch this slipcover out for a white one.


Hello Curious George!


This rug is new and I like it a lot.  It's fits this space much better than the oriental I had here before. 


The artwork is new from Pier One Imports.  The lamp is also new in this space (it's from our bedroom).


When Charlotte gets a bit older I want to have my tufted ottoman recovered in fabric.  The leather is just easier to clean at this age.  


My kitchen is definitely not my dream kitchen, but it is very functional.  My dream kitchen (someday) will have white cabinets, stainless appliances, granite counters and subway tile!  Oh, and maybe a big island in the middle!


My mantle is ready for Spring/Summer!  


And another kitchen shot.

Sorry these photos are a bit dark.  They were taken with my iPhone.

6 comments:

  1. The new paint looks great! I love all the table lamps. (We don't have many, but I'm thinking we should add some. The ceiling lights are used only if we need to "see" better. They just have a harsh glare that we don't like.) Pretty pillow, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tammi! We love lamps for their nice, soft light (and most of mine have a dimmer - extra nice!). Ceiling lights are just too harsh. You can never have too many table lamps!

      Delete
  2. That art work looks great in your dining room! It's amazing what a coat of paint can do. I'm starting to get the itch to change things around in my place.... What are you going to do in the living room? I envision a gallery wall there with Charlotte's artwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amber! Yes, it is amazing what a coat of paint can do to improve the look of room! A gallery wall filled with Charlotte's art is a great idea for the wall above the television. I also have another long, empty wall (not photographed here) in my living room that separates this room from the kitchen opposite the TV wall. I've thought about a photo gallery wall there with family photos. I feel that we don't have enough family photos around the house. I love your gallery wall in your dining room so something like that. I need to get busy buying some new frames (black or white or maybe a mixture of both?!!) Ikea here I come!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, it's so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing these photos. I really like the paint colour you chose, it's fresh but warm too. I love the cushions, especially the green floral ones, they are so summery and happy. We had leather sofas when the kids were small and it was so useful to wipe off spills. And your mantle looks lovely, those little star fish make me think of the beach and summer. It's all lovely, what a beautiful home you have. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian! I am loving the new color! And I could look at the new floral pillows all day...such a happy fabric! I am excited about eventually recovering the ottoman in a lighter, softer fabric (maybe linen!)

      Delete