Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday Night Dinner

I made a hearty beef stew in the crockpot for dinner tonight.  There is something very comforting about starting dinner in the morning and not having to think about it again until time to eat.  I love cooking with my crockpot.  And the house smells wonderful all day long.



Recipe:
1lb stew beef
2 large carrots, sliced
1 large potato, peeled and cubed
1 onion, sliced
1 package of McCormick Brown Gravy Mix
1 cup water (you may need a little extra)

Mix all the ingredients in the crockpot and cook on low for six hours or high for four hours, stirring twice.

Easy and delicious!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how yum! By complete coincidence, I bought some stewing beef to make a stew with this week. I add a bottle of ale or Guinness to my beef stew, it works really well. I don't have a crockpot (I had to google "crockpot" - we call them slow cookers here) but I love the idea of making dinner in the morning and leaving it to cook all day. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gillian! I really need to try it with the Guinness. Sounds yummy!!

    ReplyDelete