Saturday, September 8, 2012

Homemade Pizza

I made a yummy homemade pizza for dinner tonight.  I love making my own pizza, it's really so much better than ordering out or store bought.  I always buy my pizza dough from Trader Joe's (it's the best I have found) and top it with our favorite toppings.  Tonight I used pepperoni, green pepper, a very thin layer of tomato sauce, oregano, and fresh mozzarella cheese.


Here it is fresh out of the oven.  I do not have a traditional pizza pan.  I use a baking sheet pan and it works just fine.


I served it with a mixed green salad and fresh tomatoes with a splash of olive oil and ground black pepper!  Yummy!!

6 comments:

  1. I use the Trader Joe's dough and a baking sheet, too! So much better than take out, it's really quick, and it's inexpensive. We do this about twice a month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is so much better than take out and inexpensive. We've been making these almost weekly this summer with all the fresh veggies around!

      Delete
  2. Oh, that looks delicious. We haven't made homemade pizzas for ages, I must make some. I like tuna and anchovies and capers on mine. And lots of cheese. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian! You should make a pizza soon! They are so yummy!

      Delete
  3. Yum! This looks delicious! We love Trader Joe's pizza crust over at our house, too! :-) So so good!

    ReplyDelete