Monday, October 1, 2012

October...

I looked at my husband last night and said "Wow, can you believe tomorrow is the first day of October!"  We are both amazed at how fast September flew by.  Today was very cool and wet and it feels like Fall.  

We have some fun things planned for this month.  This coming weekend we plan to take Charlotte to the pumpkin patch to select the perfect pumpkin.  The following weekend we are going to a Harvest Festival at Shelton Vineyards.  It's such a beautiful winery.  We hope to escape to the coast for a few days mid October and then Halloween is just right around the corner.  Charlotte wants to be a ballerina this year, so I need to get busy with her costume.  
Oh, and I was the lucky chosen winner at Paisley Handmade.  I won a lovely holiday garland package and the Halloween garland already found a home on my mantle.  I just love Jenny's garlands!  She is such a talented girl!


Ready for Fall!



Here is the Thanksgiving garland and Christmas garland.


4 comments:

  1. That garland is so pretty, the colours are perfect. It looks great on you mantle piece, and I love those tiny pumpkins! It's cool here too. I need to think about getting a pumpkin. I love the tradition you have in the US of going to choose one. Here, we just pick on up at the supermarket. It doesn't really have the same feeling of ceremony about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Gillian! Visiting the pumpkin patch is a yearly tradition for Miss Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your mantel! And that garland is too cute. :-) It sounds like you have a great month planned for October! I love wineries in the Fall -- my husband and I usually go with his family for a tasting either in October or November. I can't wait for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Maria! And yes, I am looking forward to our visit to the winery on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete