Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Glorious October












 Hello friends! Oh my goodness has this been the most gorgeous month! Blue skies, sunshine, and comfortable temperatures every single day. October is usually our best weather month here in NC. After our hot and humid summer, it's a breath of fresh air literally. I'm spending as much time as possible outside, going on daily walks, and soaking it all up. 

Recently, we spent the afternoon in Blowing Rock enjoying the gorgeous weather and going out for dinner. Sorry, I didn't get any pictures of our meal, but it was wonderful. We also visited my favorite garden center The Mustard Seed for pansies, violas, and pumpkins. It was a really great way to spend the day. 

I've been spending lots of time in the kitchen, too. I made a wonderful turkey chili amongst lots of other things. I bought a new non-toxic Caraway frying pan in the cream color which I love and would recommend if you are in the market for a new one. I mean, if I'm buying healthy organic foods why would I want to cook it in something that could potentially release toxic chemicals into my food? It's not something we often think about, but we must be aware of what we are cooking with. I mostly cook with Le Creuset cookware - I love their Dutch ovens, but I wasn't a fan of their frying pan - everything seemed to stick. Le Creuset is an investment. It will last you for many years to come. I cannot say enough about the quality of Caraway though. I'll likely be buying more from them.

Oh, and if you have slipcovers is there anything better than a freshly washed slipcover? I recently washed my sofa cover and it feels so clean and fresh.

I've also been watching lots of cozy, autumn Hallmark movies in the evenings. They are the best!

Charlotte and I had a fun girls day out and about last Friday and I didn't get any pictures. We went shopping at J Crew Outlet and she found several cute, new things for fall. I found the softest, coziest cardigan. Afterward, we went to lunch followed by Barnes & Noble - I could spend hours there, Williams Sonoma and Trader Joe's which is always fun. It was a much-needed, fun day. Charlotte has been working super hard this semester so she was ready for a nice break. 

Have a wonderful day! Enjoy this beautiful time of year.

3 comments:

  1. ... and your photographs are glorious too :)

    Lovely post, sending my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Julia! Several of the YouTubers that I follow have the Caraway line of cookware. I'm glad that you are happy with your purchase.

    Your pictures are so beautiful. I especially like the pansies! They pair nicely with the pumpkin. Your home looks so cozy and comfortable.

    Glad you and Charlotte had a fun girl's day out. We all need that now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some of my favorite stores....I too could spend hours shopping in these particular places. Love seeing that big pile of orange pumpkins...you have some adorable comforting pictures here.

    ReplyDelete