Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Easy and healthy lunch recipe

 


Hi friends! I hope you all are well and are enjoying this gorgeous October day. I'm praying for the state of Florida and all who are in the path of this horrific hurricane that is headed your way. Please stay safe! 

I wanted to share my lunch with you today. Actually, I make this lunch for myself quite often. If I don't eat enough protein with each meal, I just end up overeating and snacking to make up for it. I also love garbanzo beans! They are packed with protein and fiber and help keep you full. So, here's my easy salad recipe... I use mixed salad greens, but you could use any type of greens or lettuce you like. Preheat your oven to 325 F. I drain a can of garbanzo beans and lay them out on a piece of parchment paper on a sheet pan - drizzle them with olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt, and roast them for 22-24 minutes.  I usually toss in kalamata olives, and sometimes cucumbers to my salad. I also love to add fresh parsley when I have it on hand. Top your salad with the roasted chickpeas, your favorite dressing, and that's it! Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. This sounds so good and healthy. Looks refreshing and not at all difficult to make. I do not eat meat very often, so I must give this a try...I need the protein.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful salad. My mom used to put garbanzo beans in her salad all the time, and I never thing to do that. You're right, they're filling, and it's a great idea to sprinkle them with olive oil and roast them before. Thank you for the healthy meal suggestion.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete