Friday, May 24, 2024

A New Cookbook

 








Hello everyone! I hope you've had a good week and are ready for the holiday weekend. Charlotte had her last day of 8th grade yesterday. It's so hard to believe and going by too fast! She had finals all week and studied really hard for all of them. She finished strong and we are so proud of her! While she was finishing up school yesterday (my husband works from home so he was overseeing homeschool) I went for a fresh haircut along with color and highlights. Now I feel more ready than ever for summer! I also went shopping at Talbot's which I rarely shop at, but I lucked out this time with a pair of cute cropped linen pants and a cute blue linen top. I've been searching for the perfect pair of linen pants and I finally found them. And everything was on sale which made it even better!

Sweet Charlotte gifted me a new cookbook for Mother's Day a few weeks ago and I love it! As you can see in the photo above, I've already made the chocolate chip blondies, and they were a big hit. I'll definitely be making them again. The cookbook is beautiful and full of so many wonderful-looking recipes that I can't wait to try. I'm excited to try the strawberry ice cream sandwich cookies this summer. And the sweet corn and basil pasta dish looks wonderful on the cover. If you are in the market for some new cooking inspiration, I'd recommend picking up this book. You won't be disappointed! 

Hope you have a great weekend! 


7 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Charlotte on finishing up her 8th grade studies! Now she can relax a bit and enjoy the summer fun!

    What a thoughtful Mother's Day gift she gave you. The chocolate chip blondies look amazing. I'll look forward to hearing about the strawberry ice cream sandwiches when you make them! That sounds like such a refreshing summertime treat.

    Have a wonderful weekend with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a great book. I like cookbooks with down to earth recipes in it, so many have recipes with a list of ingredients as long as your arm and are far too fancy for us. Well done to Charlotte, I think she deserves a rest now after exams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cookbook sounds like a good one.
    Your hydrangeas are way ahead of mine. You must live in a much warmer climate zone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Charlotte, on completing 8th grade. Where has the time gone?
    Your new cook book looks great. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Charlotte, the time does indeed go too fast. Your cookbook looks good, I hope you enjoy making lots of tasty treats. I've just ordered a cookbook from New Zealand, it's arriving in a few weeks via USA. Amazing isn't it. It's a low Fodmap cookbook and I'm very excited to try it. After our recent holiday and illness, I made the decision to start Fodmap testing again and to be more adventurous with trying foods, that I thought I couldn't eat. Sometimes we need to shake it up a bit in a big way. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your (now) ninth grader! Wow - a highschooler:) I agree...a fresh color (and highlights although I don't know how to do those on my own) really makes a difference and, yes, says I am ready for summer!! That cookbook looks like a great one. I love all the great food photos (even if it is not a recipe I might go for)! Enjoy trying some new tasty recipes!! Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I stopped by last night - but wanted to wish you a wonderful Memorial Day Monday:)

      Delete