Saturday, September 17, 2022

Almost Autumn

 





Happy Saturday and happy almost autumn! It's still hot here, but I'm hopeful it won't be for too much longer. Summer wants to keep hanging on, but I'm ready for a new season. I suddenly want to bake and cook all the cozy foods - like soups and stews, and anything and everything pumpkin. I'm also enjoying eating blackberries this year. I picked up a few more pints yesterday. I like to have them alongside my breakfast which usually consists of a bagel, oatmeal, or maybe a pumpkin muffin, and pancakes on the weekend. I occasionally have eggs for breakfast, but not too often. I enjoy eggs more for brunch. 

Homeschool/online learning is in full swing over here. This past week was our first full week of school. We are slowly getting into the groove of things and it's going well. I will say I was super exhausted at the end of this week. We are so happy to have our daughter schooling at home where we as parents can also be very much involved. It's such a blessing. The last photo shows a very tall pile of books which is just for her Humanities class (which is a combination of History, Bible, and Literature) - lots of reading in that class for sure. She also has Science, English, and Math classes. 

Rosie got a new, cozy bed and she loves it. She loves to snuggle up in it. At first, we thought it was too large, but now I think it's the perfect size for her to be able to stretch out in. 

Well, that's about it for today. Oh, if anyone has any recommendations for a cozy, fall book please leave a comment (nothing sad or scary) - I love sweet, romantic comedies. I'm almost finished with my current book and am looking for a new one to start soon.

 I hope you are having a great weekend! I'm thinking we will watch a movie tonight but I'm not sure what. We watched You've Got Mail last weekend and it was perfect, as always. One of my very favorite movies of all time.

3 comments:

  1. Hello! What a perfectly perfect fall post! I recognize several of your daughter's reading selections! Some of my favorites! I love blackberries too!!! Sadly, we lost our bushes when we moved several years ago. Madison has had homemade blackberry pie for her birthday since she was little! Happy back to school, my friend. Hope it is cozy and cool for you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to all that autumn brings. That is quite a reading pile - nothing lightweight! I love the cosy bed for Rosie I could curl up in that myself. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hot here as well and I too am ready for the next season. We've already started drinking soup. I love You've Got Mail

    ReplyDelete