Sunday, July 5, 2020

Happy Fourth of July Weekend

Happy fourth of July!!  I hope everyone who celebrated had a wonderful weekend.  The fourth looked a bit different this year, of course, but we still had a nice weekend at home.  I made a strawberry vanilla cake and we grilled hotdogs along with some yummy, traditional sides.  It was a nice and relaxing weekend.  Very hot I might add at 90 degrees.  We spent most of it indoors.  I started a new book "Little Cafe in Copenhagen" which I am just loving.  I love to read, especially in the summer.  

And our newest addition - sweet little puppy Rosie is adjusting to life with her new family.  She's just precious - even though she is biting and chewing on almost everything.

I hope you are enjoying summer wherever you might be.  Please comment and let me know what you are up to this summer - I'd love to know!







3 comments:

  1. Happy 4th of July! Apologies, I am a few days behind. I am glad you had a lovely time. Isn't Rosie just cute?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christina. Rosie really is just so cute and sweet!

      Delete
  2. I hope your 4th of July was fun!! It was quiet around here. That cake looks delicious! I planted poppies and some Zinnias this year and they have not bloomed yet. Ohhh what a cute puppy! Just adorable! I imagine it's like having a toddler. Your plants are lovely! Hope the weather is cooler! It rained here today.

    ReplyDelete