Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Summer!

Our summer days are filled with swim lessons, play dates, gardening, errands, cooking, playing, watching movies, visits to the library, day trips here and there, lots of slow mornings (Yay), and that just about sums up our summer days.  

My plants are doing really well, as long as I remember to water them daily.  I planted my sunflowers and zinnias from seed this year and it's been fun to watch them grow.  It's been so, so hot here this summer, but it's hot here every summer.  I think I try to forget just hot and muggy our summers are, but July always reminds me again.  

I've been eating lots of blueberries.  I made a berry cobbler for the fourth of July and Smitten Kitchen's blueberry crumb cake yesterday.  I think we have one slice left, so everyone loved it!  

I hope you are enjoying your summer!
















6 comments:

  1. Wonderful flowers and a beautiful garden. The cake looks delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, it sounds like you're having a very nice summer. Your cake looks so good! I'll have to try that recipe. I love your hydrangeas, that pale green shade is my very favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This cake is the best! It is perfect with a cup of coffee or tea. The green hydrangeas are from a friend's garden and I love them. I need stop by and pick another bunch!

      Delete
  3. Hello!
    Your summer days sound splendid!
    And thank you for sharing the blueberry recipe.
    Looks delicious!
    We are humid here as well...
    Have a cozy evening. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you're enjoying the best time this Summer.
    The sunflowers are so cheery. We're just waiting on ours coming out. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunflowers really are such happy and cheerful flowers. Hope you are enjoying summer!

      Delete