Sunday, April 1, 2018

Happy Easter

Hello friends and Happy Easter!  We dyed eggs on Friday evening and used the Paas Classic dye kit.  Our eggs turned out really pretty and bright this year.  I think leaving them in the dye cups a bit longer may have contributed to the extra bright colors.  My daughter looks forward to this fun tradition every year.

We had a low key Easter this year with just the three of us.  We went to church this morning and then out for a quick lunch.  Now we are back home and I've decided it's time to do a bit of spring cleaning.  I just took off my white sofa slipcover and it's headed upstairs to the washer soon.  I love a fresh and clean slipcover.  

Charlotte was super happy to see the movie "Annie" in her Easter basket this morning.  I remember seeing this movie when it first came out at the movie theater.  I think I was seven then. 

I hope you are having a great Easter and a great spring weekend!







2 comments:

  1. Your eggs are so pretty, Julia! I do the same thing with my eggs, I leave them in the dye a long time to get deep colors. My husband and kids like to make stripes and other designs, but I really prefer one solid, deep color. Annie was one of my favorite movies when I was little. I had a copy on VHS tape that I actually wore out from watching it so much. There were parts where the picture just faded out but you could still hear the sound. I must have watched that tape hundreds of times. I hope you're having a lovely Easter with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your Easter was peaceful! Your daughter is so cute! Our kids really liked Annie and I imagine your daughter does also. I like your calendar! Thank you for your visit and comment! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete