Thursday, March 1, 2018

Almost Spring


Hello!  Last week felt like Spring with highs in the seventies.  Daffodils are blooming, and my potted tulips are starting to sprout, but we are back to Winter today.  That's okay with me, as I'm not ready to say goodbye to winter quite yet.

I recently purchased The Simple Bites Kitchen cookbook and I am loving it.  I've tried several recipes so far, and some more than once, and they've all been great.  I made the corn chowder for dinner tonight and it was excellent.  We all loved it!  If you are looking for some new and mostly healthy recipes, I would highly recommend it.

It's the first day of March today, and it definitely came in like a lion with lots of rain and wind.  My daughter will celebrate her ninth birthday later this month and I can hardly believe she is turning nine.  Where does the time go?  She is such a sweet girl and we have so much fun together.  We are looking forward to celebrating her birthday in a few weeks with a family party and a class party at school.  

I finally got around to framing one of my favorite pieces of Charlotte's artwork from kindergarten.  It's very special and we love it!

Well, I'm off to make a cup of hot tea and get cozy while I watch a cooking show on PBS this evening.  Cooking shows not only inspire me to try new foods, I also find them very relaxing to watch.








7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Charlotte! My daughter is nine as well. I do love this age. She's a real little companion now. Charlotte's artwork is beautiful! I love it. I hope you have a nice weekend and enjoy the winter weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer! I think nine is going to be super fun!

      Delete
  2. I join the nine year old daughter club in November, when our blessing baby girl turns nine! I agree it is amazing to watch as she turns from little girl into still little but more mature girl. : )
    Part of me always aches though, as there seems to be such a big difference between eight and nine. But...they were born to grow and become their own persons, right? Anyway...I enjoyed visiting with you here! Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting that your daughter is also turning nine this year. I think it's going to be a very fun age!

      Delete
  3. Lindas imagens. Adorei as flores. Feliz semana. Cumprimentos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am looking forward to spring.
    What a beautiful painting by your daughter.. I'm sure she loves having it framed and displayed like that.

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cookbook looks interesting! It's important to save the their art work. They're beautiful and the kids will love to have those in the future. I saved a few from our kids. Charlotte Anne is a lucky girl to have a dedicated mom. Thank you Julia for your visit and comment!

    ReplyDelete