Saturday, October 24, 2015

Lately



Hello!  I am so far behind that I don't know where to begin, so for now I will just update you on the last few weeks.  

The weather has been pretty amazing lately, a bit warm for October, but still very nice.  We took a day trip to Blowing Rock last week, and the weather was perfect, and the leaves were gorgeous!  I believe this is my very favorite time of year.

  I've also enjoyed getting my groove back on in the kitchen.  I made pumpkin muffins last week and minestrone soup.  Ina's chicken pot pie is on the menu for tomorrow with homemade biscuits... Yum!  And I'm planning to make smitten kitchen's spiced applesauce cake this week.  

Charlotte had the day off from school yesterday, and my husband and I took her to the zoo in Columbia - she had a great time!










4 comments:

  1. Hello! Lovely to hear what you've been up to. Sounds like you're getting ready for autumn with lots of good things happening in your kitchen. Love the sound of the spiced applesauce cake. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gillian! Thanks for stopping by. I'm excited to make the spiced applesauce cake - any cake topped with cream cheese icing can only be amazing.

      Delete
  2. Hi Julia, it sounds like you're having a nice time lately. Your food looks delicious. Charlotte is getting so big! I hope you're all doing well and settling into your new house. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel bad - I've been very behind in blogging as well, Julia.
    Your muffins and soup look delicious. I'm finding myself in soup making mode too.

    ReplyDelete