Friday, January 3, 2014

Resolutions for 2014

I have decided to keep a word in mind this year.  My word is Relax.  I need to learn to just relax, as my husband often tells me.  I really need to work on being more relaxed about life in general.  

I have also set a few goals for myself.


1.  Lose another eight to ten pounds, and keep it off!  I have lost eighteen pounds since last March, and I am very proud of myself.  My current weight is 148 pounds.

2.  Learn to sew... something.  Even if it's just a button on a pair of pants.  

3.  I definitely want to blog more.  I miss this space.  

4.  Spend more one on one time with my husband and daughter.

5.  Travel to someplace new.  Hopefully Portland, Oregon.  It has been on our list for a while now.

6.  Take more photos of the three of us.  We only have three photos of our family from last year.

7.  I starterd this one a bit early. I decided to deactivate my Facebook account last weekend, and I do not miss it at all.  I think it was a bit of a time waster for me, and very much a distraction.  

8.  I want to be more in the moment with my daughter, and every day life.

9.  Be more appreciative.

10. Learn to just go with the flow.  I can seriously be so stubborn.  And I wonder where my daughter gets it from!

8 comments:

  1. This is a great list!!! :)
    So many fun (and smart) ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emily! I forgot to mention "me time" I never seem to get enough of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these sound like great resolutions, especially because they will be doable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart skipped when I saw Portland on the list! Oh how amazing it would be to meet you in person!!! I love your list, I don't know why I'm so into resolutions this year, but I am. Just seeing how fast kids grow maybe is putting in my mind how much is possible in a year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be so awesome to meet in person after years of being blog friends:)

      Delete
  5. This is a great list. Well done on losing that weight, that's terrific. I could do with losing a few pounds - my jeans are feeling really tight lately! I think there is only one photo of me, John and the kids from last year! (I did print and frame it though.) Children are a really good way of being in the moment, I find - they just totally focus on the here and now. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian! Glad to hear you framed your family photo - you are definitely ahead of me! I need to pick up some new frames at Ikea soon.

      Delete