Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas around our house...

When it comes to decorating for Christmas I am somewhat simple.  I think less is more.  I do love our Christmas tree in the corner this year.  Last year it was in our dining room.  My mantle is pretty much the same, except for the stockings from Pottery Barn/Kids and green trees from Pier 1 Imports.  I like to fill our mantle with all the pretty cards that we receive as well.  There are no gifts under the tree because Miss Charlotte finds them a little too enticing.  Charlotte loves all the lights and decorations this year.



 I always fill my silver platter with lots of shiny ornaments for the dining table.  I may add a poinsettia to the side table to add more Christmas to the room.

 Our door is ready for Christmas with garland and white lights.  I usually do a fresh, green wreath on the door, but I found myself in want of something different this year.  I found this ornament wreath at Target and knew it was exactly what I needed.  Love it!

 I love our stockings.  They look burgundy in this photo, but are much more red in person.
 The lights around our kitchen window are new this year.  We love them.  At night they give a very magical feel to this space.  I can see me NOT wanting to take these down after Christmas.
 I have a mix of ornaments on our tree.  Lots of red, green, gold and silver balls, a few felt ornaments and some very special ones I have found while traveling, like the starfish in this photo from New York.

I never top my tree with anything.  Not sure why.  Maybe I should add a star?

Hope you are ready for Christmas.  It will be here soon!

3 comments:

  1. Your home and especially your tree look gorgeous. I also have to say that I love your green chairs! I find myself not wanting to take down Christmas decorations, too!

    Also, thank you for your kind words and prayers! They are coveted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about your Christmas decor! Your home is warm and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by my blog! I love your front door, the lights look great around it!

    ReplyDelete