Saturday, December 2, 2023

It's December

 






Happy December, friends! December really snuck up on me this year, but here it is. Our tree is up and it's beginning to feel festive indeed. I feel that this season is so short and goes by too quickly so I'm trying to be in the moment and enjoy every second of it. It's so dreary and foggy today so I decided to brighten things up and switch the outside Christmas lights on by mid-day. Not my favorite kind of weather, but it will pass and the lovely sunshine and blue skies will be back soon. How's the weather where you are? Have you had snow yet?

It's cranberry season and I made my first batch of white chocolate cranberry bars this week and needless to say, they only lasted two days. They are so good and everyone loves them. I always gift these to friends and family every December as everyone always looks forward to receiving them.

So what have I been up to lately: Watching lots and lots of Christmas movies and also Hidden Coastal Villages on Prime - I love that show! Christmas shopping - mostly online. Although we did go out for lunch yesterday followed by a little shopping which was so nice. We went to a few cute shops as you can see in the first photo above along with Williams Sonoma which is one of my very favorite shops - I could spend hours in there! Homeschooling and the usual weekly karate classes for Charlotte. Spending lots of time in the kitchen cooking and baking. Walks outside almost every day when it's not raining that is. Making and drinking several cups of hot tea every day mostly elderberry and Earl Grey and taking the time to sit quietly and enjoy them. And that's about it. What have you been up to? Please do tell me.

 Hope you are having a wonderful first weekend of December! Be sure to make time for yourself during this busy season - watch a movie, sit quietly and read a book, play a favorite game, take the time to make comforting, healthy meals for yourself and your family, take a walk, enjoy a nice coffee or cup of tea, or hot chocolate, it's Christmas after all. It's so important that we take care of ourselves and treat ourselves during this busy time of year. Here's to a season filled with contentment, joy, and peace.



 

5 comments:

  1. Your home is looking lovely and festive, Julia. We decorated yesterday but we've still to put up the tree. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you're enjoying the time leading up to Christmas. We used to put our tree up much later in the month but we've started putting it up on the 1st so that we get everything done earlier and can relax as Christmas approaches. We've had snow here this weekend so it's nice sitting in the warmth with the lights on the tree twinkling and the bright glow from the snow outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful home. Wishing a lovely December.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Your tree is lovely, your words are wise, and your cranberry bars sound delicious! These days do pass too quickly. I plan of enjoying each and every moment like you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cranberry season - this year once again I smashed them, added local maple and tossed ten bags in the dehydrator. Or nine. Once bag I made into baked apple cranberry sauce.

    Love me elderberry and hibiscus tea. Love tea. Sounds like you're making the most of the season. That's the best.

    ReplyDelete