Monday, December 9, 2013

Getting Ready for Christmas

Just an update on our Christmas decorating, and life in general.  As you can see in the photo, Charlotte is very ready for Christmas.  She is super excited this year.  I love to see her little eyes light up when she looks at the lights and decorations… it's the sweetest!

  We are baking cookies with her friend on Sunday, and we are also having his parents over for dinner that evening.  I am looking forward to it!

I am almost finished with my shopping.  I just need to order one other thing for Charlotte, and something for my in-laws.




This photo was taken last weekend before we went to see the movie "Frozen" with her friend, Colson.  She wasn't a fan of the movie, but enjoyed spending time with her sweet friend.


Our "fake" tree is up and all decorated… I like it!  We would have a real tree, but I am just too allergic.




I am loving the lights in my dining room this year.  And I found the adorable pom pom garland at Target.


And at night… my favorite!

I hope you all are having a wonderful December.  We are enjoying the holidays, and staying busy.  I can not believe Christmas is only two weeks away.  I still need to address my Christmas cards, and do some wrapping… I have two weeks, right???

13 comments:

  1. Everything looks cozy :) I haven't even been looking at the calendar and now I'm freaking out because it is only two weeks away! Yikes I have a ton to do still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, Christmas is really sneaking up on us this year.

      Delete
  2. Your house looks so pretty. I love your tree. The lights are so nice. Little Miss looks so happy and I can tell she's very excited with all the holiday festivities going on. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer! Charlotte is extremely excited for Christmas this year… I love it!!

      Delete
  3. Love the update... All the light and your tree = fabulous. We have been sidelined by sickness. I so hope we can all be well soon and enjoy the season! It's going too quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Amber, I sure hope every one is well soon so you can enjoy the season. It really is passing too quickly!

      Delete
  4. Mimi has the same little IKEA table and chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks wonderful and your little girl is adorable! A happy little girl for sure!
    Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tree is really pretty. We have a fake tree which we use most years. It seems silly to go and buy a real tree when we have a perfectly good fake one in the attic. The fairy lights make your home look so welcoming and cosy, too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gillian! I cannot get enough of the fairy lights this year!

      Delete
  7. Pretty! Bummer about the allergy...but I probably would never have known that tree is fake. It looks great. We've heard that Frozen is a cute movie, but those reports are all from older kids. I wonder what my daughter would think...hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since your daughter is a bit younger than Charlotte, it might be too much for her. And it's rated PG. I think we are going to stick with G rated movies for a few more years.

      Delete