Thursday, August 16, 2012

What we've been up to lately...Random Post

Can you believe it's already mid August??  I cannot!  Where has the summer gone?  It seems like life gets busy around this time of the year as we approach Fall.  I am looking forward to cooler weather.  It's been one hot summer!

 Charlotte is spending the afternoon with my mom, so I am enjoying some much needed "me time."  I really should be cleaning! 

*Here is a list of "What we've been up to lately."

1.  Grilling almost every night, lots of fish and chicken.  And making lots of yummy pizzas.

2.  I am dieting and have lost three pounds in two weeks.  I am really just watching what I eat and incorporating more exercise into my daily routine.  Wish me luck.  I am hoping to lose about ten pounds and keep it off.  This will not put me back to my pre-prgnancy weight, but that's okay, I will feel better about myself!  

3.  We bought a new washing machine.  We had this one and after only three years and constant problems we decided to throw it to the curb, and bought this one.  I love it!

4.  Charlotte attended her first gymnastics class yesterday and she loved it.  It's a mommy and me class. She is happy that I can be in the room with her.  I had originally signed her up for ballet to start the end of August, but have decided to wait until next year.  I cannot be with her and she is just not ready for that.  And also, it's very structured and she is not ready for that either.  Gymnastics is fun for her, so that is what we are going with.

5.  We are thinking of trading my car for a new one soon.  We are considering the Subaru Outback Wagon and the Honda CR-V.  We are going to test drive both on Saturday!

6.  Charlotte!!!   She amazes me every day.  Her vocabulary amazes me every day!  How is she already almost 3.5 years old???  Oh, she is such a sweet little girl and I love spending my days with her.  We have a lunch date out once a week and she looks so forward to it.  I am so thankful for our sweet daughter, even if she does push my buttons, quite often!

7.  Now I am off to clean!  Fun Fun!!



This photo was taken before we left for gym class yesterday.  She was so excited!

4 comments:

  1. I love posts like these, full of everyday life. Good luck with the dieting. I always think it's easier in the summer when there is lots of nice fresh, light food around, whereas in the winter I always want carbs. Hanging out with three year olds is fun and frustrating in equal measures I think. Good luck with the car shopping, how fun! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gillian! Yes, dieting is much easier in the summer! It's not easy to diet in the Fall/Winter months with all the holidays and yummy food around. I am very excited to go car shopping tomorrow! Happy weekend!!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, she is so cute! :-) It sounds like you have been enjoying your summer days! I'm "dieting," too -- really just watching what I eat and trying to incorporate more exercise into my life. I think that's awesome that you have already lost three pounds -- you go, girl! :-) Here's to a great end of the week for you, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! Yes, we are enjoying our summer days and hope you are, too! It's nice to know that I have a blog buddy who is also dieting! Maybe we can continue to motivate one another. Good luck! Have a great weekend!

      Delete