Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Around the house...

While Charlotte napped today I went through the house with my camera and snapped a few photos to share with you.


I love this chest in my kitchen.  It's about twenty years old.  It was once in my bedroom, living room, and now it houses cookbooks, linens, etc. in my kitchen.  Lamp is from Target.  And the fish basket is from a lovely little shop in Charleston, SC. 


New candlesticks for the mantle.  


Love this chest by our front entrance filled with precious photos, sea shells from special vacations, and a painting I found at an antique shop in Laguna Beach.  Lots of special memories.


On to our guest room.  When we moved to this house it was painted a really ugly dark gold.  Hubby painted it a nice taupe color last Spring.  I love this chest.  It adds great color and texture to the room.  The lamp is from a local lamp sale last summer.


The bed side table was given to us by my husband's parents.  The headboard is from Mitchell Gold & Bob Williams.  Bed linens are form Restoration Hardware and I had the toile tailored bedskirt made.


The lamp is Ikea.  I need to update the clock!


The green striped pillow is from Pottery Barn.  I could use a piece of artwork over the bed.


Love this salad bowl/plate set from Pottery Barn.  It was a wedding gift.  The tray is from Pottery Barn, too.

I need to share a few photos from our master bedroom.  It's really no big deal and I still have lots of projects to complete, but maybe I will share anyway.

4 comments:

  1. You home is beautiful! I would love to see more photos. :-) Your guest room is so pretty -- I love those bed linens. Such pretty furniture you have around your house, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Maria! It's really just a mix of old and new, but I love it!

      Delete
  2. What a pretty, light-filled home you have. I love your taste in lamps. Your guest room looks clean and fresh and welcoming and I adore the silver candle holders on your mantle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gillian for the nice comment! I love all the natural light in our home!

    ReplyDelete