Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Yummy Eggplant Quiche

I made this delicious quiche for dinner tonight.  I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I must say that my husband and I loved it.  This is probably my favorite quiche recipe so far. 



Ingredients:
1 lg. eggplant
1 onion, chopped
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. chopped parsley
4 eggs
1/3 cup half and half
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup swiss cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Cut eggplant and onion into small pieces.  Sprinkle eggplant with salt and let stand 15 minutes.  Squeeze moisture from eggplant. In a skillet over medium heat sauté the eggplant and onion in olive oil for about 15 minutes. Add parsley, salt and pepper to taste.  Remove from heat.

Whisk the eggs, half and half, and both cheeses together.  Put eggplant mixture in an unbaked pie shell and pour egg mixture over.  Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

Enjoy!!

4 comments:

  1. Eggplant is one of my most favourite vegetables and I have never thought of using it in a quiche! Will definitely try this recipe out soon. Did Charlotte like it? Just wondering if my boys will eat it too.... they like quiche, but not sure about the eggplant part of it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! Charlotte has an egg allergy, so she was unfortunately not able to try it. If your boys like quiche, I would definitely let them give it a try. We get Charlotte retested soon, (hopefully) she has outgrown the egg allergy.

      Delete
  2. Yum, that sounds delicious. I've never thought of putting eggplant (or aubergines as we call them here in the UK) in a quiche, I will have to try it. We usually eat them in a curry or tagine or with something spicy. I don't make quiche often as I am nervous pastry cook. But your pie crust looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian! I wish I could take credit for the pie crust, but it is store bought. Hope you like it!

      Delete