Hello, friends! I hope you are all doing well. I know, it's been a while, hasn't it? Blogger is acting funny and won't let me upload all of my pictures, and it was very slow to upload the ones it did. Anyway, as I've said before, I like to use my blog as our family's scrapbook and wanted to share our summer trip to New England. We took a fun trip to lovely New England in late July and had a wonderful time. It was my first visit. My husband had visited Boston once before, although it had been a while. We flew to Boston and spent a few days enjoying that beautiful city. I have to say it was one of the cleanest cities I've ever been to. I was so impressed and will definitely be back someday. After Boston, we rented a car and drove down to Newport, RI, for a few days, which was beautiful and very historic. We made a day trip to Mystic, CT, on our last day, which was super fun and cute; we even had lunch at the Famous Mystic Pizza! We enjoyed lots of delicious seafood and some Italian food (not pictured, thanks to Blogger not cooperating), yummy coffees, cherry cheese danishes, and croissants. Oh my goodness, they were delicious! Have you visited New England, or maybe you live there? If so, I'd love to hear about it.
So it's the first day of fall, which is hard to believe. I'm not ready to say goodbye to the long summer days, although I am ready to say goodbye to the never-ending, persistent heat and humidity we experienced all summer. It's not that I don't like fall (spring is my very favorite season); I just don't like what comes after fall, my least favorite season... winter.
Have a wonderful rest of the week! I need to replace my faded summer pot of flowers by the front door with something for fall. I'm not a big fan of mums, so maybe some pansies would be nice.
Take care, dear friends!

















Hi Julia. Your New England trip sounds wonderful. Have never been, but Nel has been to Boston, and brought me back a pretty tea cup. I like these charming brick buildings and the window sills with flowers. All the food looks Yummy on here, especially that cherry Danish. The Mystic Pizza sounds interesting. I have missed your delightful photos, and it was nice to see a post from you again. I wish you a beautiful fall season. : )
ReplyDeleteSo glad you got up to my neck of the woods! I live in eastern NY on the edge of New England proper alhtough for some reason, westerners like to call NYS new england. We are not. Boston is where hubby is from and yes it's our fave city. We love that you can park on the north or south shore and take the T in and walk to most of the downtown spots. We have been to Mystic and honestly the pizza place was just "eh". We found a MUCH better one around the corner from the "famous" one that featured pizza from the city we live across the Hudson River from: Troy pizza is known for their white za. This was in 1993 so don't know if that pizza place still exists in Mystic CT but hopefully it does. We vacation on the Cape every couple of years and also of c ourse spend our thanksgivings with the clan in Plymouth.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got to come up to the great northeast. We are having a glorious end of summer/beginning of Autumn..truly the BEST time to be in the northeast.
Thanks for all the beautiful pics. I found that if blogger is slow to upload or won't., i can drag my pics via my Macbook Air's download folder into the post itself and it works!!
Mystic Pizza is a movie that showed up in my feed and I've never seen it. Now I gotta see it. Sounds like a wonderful time and I love when i go somewhere and it's clean. That's the good stuff for sure.
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you back, Julia. I have never been to New England but it sounds like a really special place to visit. Your photos are lovely, especially the sunset ones. It is a bit of a wet Autumn day here today but I love to see the colours of the leaves changing and the cosiness of the season.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week.