Saturday, June 3, 2023

It's Been A While





 Hi! Hello everyone. Just wanted to pop in and say hi to my blog friends. Sorry, I've been missing from this space for a while. I didn't intend to be gone for so long. My daughter and I both celebrated birthdays over the past few months along with little Rosie who turned three in April. 

Spring is always such a busy time and especially May with it being the last month of school. Charlotte had finals this year and she did amazing. We are so proud of all of her hard work. We had a wonderful year of homeschooling and are looking forward to doing it again next year. 

I've been cooking a lot lately along with gardening - two of my favorite things! Above is our dinner from a few nights ago. A Mediterranean salad with roasted beets, lots of dill, olives, and feta cheese - I served it with grilled salmon. It was so good. I've been visiting our local farmers market on Saturday mornings and buying so many wonderful fresh fruits and vegetables. I feel that I eat so much healthier this time of year. For dinner tonight I made pasta with basil pesto and asparagus and grilled chicken along with a pavlova for dessert which I topped with strawberries from the market this morning. Sorry, we ate it so quickly I didn't get pictures! So, what are you cooking these days? Do you also have a local farmers market that you visit?

Last week was Charlotte's first full week of summer break and for the most part, we took it easy and just relaxed. We are slowly easing into summer and I wouldn't have it any other way. We have one vacation planned for this month and hopefully, another one in August which we are looking forward to. I love the slow days of summer without having to have much of a schedule. 

Feel free to leave a comment. I love hearing from everyone! Happy summer!

And I have to admit I'm squinting a bit too much as I write this post. I think it might be time to invest in a good pair of readers!

3 comments:

  1. You've just been busy. Life happens...
    Hope you're doing well and will enjoy the Summer!
    Rosie is too cute!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy summer! Happy belated Birthday, too. We still have a month of school to go but I am already looking forward to our camping holiday in July. Enjoy relaxing with your daughter x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely to see a post from you, Julia. And I'm glad you and your family are keeping well.
    We have just over six weeks until our summer break, but I'm planning for it already. Xx

    ReplyDelete