Sunday, March 20, 2022

A March Birthday

 

Happy first day of spring! I'm sitting at my desk by our bedroom window and the sky is so pretty as the sun is setting at 7:40pm. It looks and feels like a spring evening.

We celebrated our darling girl's 13th birthday yesterday. I can barely believe my baby is 13!!! We went to brunch at her favorite brunch cafe, did a little shopping, and came back home for cake and pizza for dinner. It was a really fun day celebrating her. One of her gifts was a new telescope and she seems to really be enjoying it. She has the day off from school tomorrow and we have an appointment for her yearly eye exam. I think it may be time for a  new prescription. And we are visiting my parents in the afternoon so they can have a belated birthday celebration with here. It should be a nice day.

I hope you had a great weekend! Have a great first week of spring!

12 comments:

  1. Happy 13th Birthday to your girl!!!!! And a telescope! Perfect!!! Flynn is beginning to use her telescope and we are actually studying space in science. I am so glad you all had a great day and may I say...that cake!!!!!!!!! Hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Billie Jo! Charlotte had a wonderful 13th birthday! And she's really enjoying her telescope. I made her cake as I do most every year - chocolate with cream cheese frosting - her favorite!!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to Charlotte and what a delicious looking cake - homemade is always best in my opinion - I make nearly all my grandchildren's cakes now. It is certainly feeling much more spring like here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the birthday wishes! I agree - homemade cake really is the best.

      Delete
  3. 13 years old! Happy Birthday, Charlotte!
    It sounds like she enjoyed a lovely day, and that cake looks so delicious. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the birthday wishes! Charlotte had a great birthday. And yes, the cake was delicious!

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday Charlotte! The cakes looks so delicious, I am feeling a bit peckish just seeing the photograph. Enjoy family time with your teenage girl x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina, thank you for the birthday wishes! You cannot go wrong with a good chocolate cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, what a delicious looking cake! My daughter will be 13 this year too! This is my first time reading your blog and I just wanted to say hello!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jessie! Thank you for stopping by to read my blog. And Happy early birthday to your almost 13 year old!

      Delete
  7. Hi Julia, thanks for popping by my blog :o) I hope that you had a great Easter. Wishing a belated Happy 13th Birthday to your daughter. The birthday cake that you made looks delicious! Hugs Rose x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rose. Thank you so much for the nice comment. The cake was delicious! Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete