Friday, January 22, 2021

Winter Days

 I am enjoying these cozy, winter days.  I've been baking and cooking a lot.  Also, drinking lots of lattes and hot tea.  I recently added a slice of orange to my Earl Grey tea and it makes it extra special.  The kitchen is definitely my happy place.  I love to feed the people I love.  

I feel like we are somewhat getting into a groove for homeschooling.  It's been over four months now, so I would say it is about time.  We definitely still have days that we both struggle, but it's better than it was in the beginning.  Charlotte will back at her old school next year in a classroom setting and she's very much looking forward to that.  It's a much better fit for both of us.  Although this hasn't been easy, I am so glad we were able to have this year at home together.  Very special, indeed.

No big plans for us this weekend.  We are planning to get out for a walk at some point.  I'm sure there will be cooking going on and maybe some cleaning.  I made homemade sourdough bread today to go alongside a lentil soup I'm making for dinner.  

I hope you have a great weekend whatever you are doing.  Stay warm and cozy!







2 comments:

  1. Winter and baking go well together. I am not a baker but my daughter is, so my winter is saved. Homeschooling is such a drag for us. I am working more than full time to keep my own students going and try my best to help my youngest with school work. Absolutely exhausted but such is life :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, winter is my favorite time of year to bake. Homeschool has definitely been a struggle for us. Just seems like it never ends. Very hopeful for a somewhat normal, in person school year next year.

      Delete