Friday, July 19, 2019

Summer

Hello!  Hope you are staying cool wherever you are.  Here on the east coast we are experiencing a major heat wave this weekend.  I have a stack of books to read and ice cream in the freezer, so I'm ready for it!

We took a day trip north to a quaint, little town in the mountains last weekend where it was nice and fairly cool.  We spent the entire day outside walking, going to the park, shopping, we stopped for a yummy lunch at our favorite restaurant, and ended the day with ice cream.  It was a fun day!

I made a delicious Peach, Brie and Prosciutto flatbread pizza from this cookbook last night and it was the perfect summer dinner.  I highly recommend it.

Hope you have a great weekend!










7 comments:

  1. Stay safe during the hot weather. Books and ice cream are a good plan. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jules! I'm turning into a total bookworm this summer, and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been pretty warm here in ND as well. To go to the mountains is a great idea. When my daughter was living in Delhi - India we visited her and her husband. The temp was 123 degrees so we passed less than 24 hrs there. We tool a plane to the Himalayan mountains. It was much cooler. This place you went looks beautiful! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela! Wow, 123 degrees sounds really hot to me! I am just not a fan of the heat at all. So happy fall and winter is just around the corner.

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos, it looks beautifully green out there despite the heatwave. I love the little corner with the plant, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello CJ! I love the little corner plant and I have no idea what it's called, but it is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. if it appears that you may come out ahead. The market is constantly changing so even when it appears that you are on an upswing, you could take a tumble. satta king

    ReplyDelete