Saturday, June 22, 2019

Charleston Getaway

We took a trip to Charleston for a few days the first week of June.  It was a much needed getaway after all the busyness from the last month of school.  The weather was mostly overcast with a few showers one of the days, but I didn't mind at all, as it kept it from being blazing hot.  The south gets really hot and humid in the summer.  I love the longer days and beautiful flowers that come with summer, but not so much the heat.

Have you ever visited Charleston, SC?  It's such a beautiful, historical city and the coast is only a twenty minute drive from downtown Charleston.  I love to walk the cobblestone streets of Charleston and take in all of its beauty.  The food is also fabulous - lots of wonderful, local seafood on every corner.  It was definitely a nice, little getaway to one of my favorite cities!













10 comments:

  1. It looks so nice there. I love the cobblestone street. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jules! Cobblestone streets are my favorite!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the photos of a beautiful place I have not yet visited.
    So happy you had a nice time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Billie Jo! I really hope you get a chance to visit Charleston someday.

      Delete
  3. It would certainly be on my list of places to visit - gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a special place. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. These are precious time with your child! Charleston sounds like my type of City. I love seafood and so glad I don't have any allergies to it or at least not yet. Love her glasses!! Being by the ocean is precious! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Angela! Thanks for stopping by and the nice comments.

      Delete
  5. Investing in stocks is something that takes years and even decades to reach a particular goal. satta king

    ReplyDelete
  6. Typically thought of for large-scale farms, crop rotation can be useful even in a small garden plot. satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete