Saturday, January 20, 2018

Snow Day

We enjoyed another cozy, snow day this past week, our second one this winter.  I love to watch the snow fall.  We are having a true winter this year and that makes me very happy!  So, basically I cooked and baked the whole day.  I made a big batch of homemade chicken noodle soup and a yummy chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting topped with fun sprinkles per Charlotte's request!

Also, I found an adorable new lamp at Target last week and I found the perfect spot for it.

  We are headed to Crate and Barrel tomorrow to pick up a few new things - dish towels, a new pot for a house plant, a white serving platter and maybe some other fun things.  And to Paper Source, so Charlotte can choose some cute Valentine cards for her classmates.  I'm excited!  Hope you are having a great weekend, too!







5 comments:

  1. Hi, Just came across your blog, its super sweet : )

    I'll stop back through soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cake and soup look very tasty! So cool to experience snow....we never have it here in my neck of the woods. Glad to see more blogging going on...I'll be doing another post soon. I'm trying real hard to get back into it more, since on Feb. 12 it will be my 10 year blogging anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, cake and soup are perfect on a snowy day or really any day! Wow, how exciting to be coming up on your 10th blogging anniversary! That's something to celebrate!

      Delete
  3. Just catching up on posts. Love your verandah with its snowy view. I have fancied a verandah since watching the Walton's as a child! Sadly they are a rarity in the UK. Love your blog, which I discovered when my 9 and 7 year old daughters were much smaller, and as a fellow stay at home mum it caught my eye. Best wishes, Marion

    ReplyDelete