Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Christmas Recap and Happy New Year

We celebrated Christmas Eve with my family at my brother and sister-in-law's home in Blowing Rock, and their home was decorated beautifuly for the holidays, as always.  Charlotte had a wonderful Christmas and was spoiled with many wonderful gifts from my family.  We enjoyed a delicious Christmas Eve dinner consisting of caesar salad, prime rib, twice baked potatoes, creamed spinach, and an absolutely divine raspberry cheesecake, prosecco and good wine!  I loved spending the evening with my family.  We were missing my grandparents this year, as my grandfather has been quite ill.  I had a nice visit with him today at Hospice which is where he is now living.  

We are enjoying a cozy and quiet New Year's Eve at home.  I am feeling very blessed, content, and thankful this evening.  And I am looking forward to an AWESOME New Year ahead!!

Happy New Year, friends!!
I wish you all peace, good health, and much happiness in 2015!!!!!














10 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had the perfect Christmas, Julia. I love the outfits you dress your daughter in - she always looks so sweet. Have a very Happy New Year - like you, I'm feeling content and grateful for all I have. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan! It's such fun dressing a little girl!

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa Julia. It looks like you had an amazing christmas though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Amber! I am trying to spend as much time as possible visiting with my grandpa right now.

      Delete
  3. I too hope that your Grandpa is doing better. I also hope you have a wonderful new year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth! I am looking forward to having a really good year! :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Julia, it looks as if you all had a fabulous Christmas together! I'm sorry your grandfather is failing, but it sounds like he had a nice long life. Thats all we can ask for. Your daughter is a doll!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlotte looks like she's having the best time. I love her gappy smile! The menu for your Christmas Eve dinner sounds absolutely delicious. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte had a wonderful Christmas! And I love her sweet, gappy smile, too!

      Delete