Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Fourth of July

We enjoyed the fourth with our dear friends and their sweet one year old daughter who were in town from Texas.  We spent the day together just catching-up while the girls played.  Since it was raining in the evening and we couldn't BBQ we decided to go out for a yummy pizza.  It was such a good day and we miss them already.  I was having so much fun that I barely picked up my camera for photos... which I am now regretting.  Oh well, hopefully we will get out to Texas to visit with them again soon!

On Saturday evening we had dinner at my parents house to celebrate the fourth with them.
It was a great weekend, even though it mostly rained.


My festive garland for the fourth of July!


My herbs and flowers are growing like crazy with all the rain we are having!



We are forecasted to have another week of rain.... hopefully the sun will soon return!

12 comments:

  1. Sounds nice, in spite of the rain! I love your garland, it's so cute. And your plants look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer! Yes, my plants are very happy right now!

      Delete
  2. I hear a lot of people had a rained out 4th :( Ours was hot, hot. I sure wish it had been just few degrees cooler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth! I think most of the east coast had a rainy 4th. I hope you get some cooler weather soon!

      Delete
  3. The garland is nice! Did you make it? Another week of rain...I'm sorry. Nothing like 100% humidity :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! No, I did not make the garland, it's from Etsy. The humidity is definitely high here on the east coast.

      Delete
  4. That garland is great, just perfect for the fourth of July. Your day of celebrations sounded nice - it's always good to see dear friends, especially when they live a long way away. I hope that rain stops soon. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gillian! We had such a wonderful day catching-up with dear friends that we don't get to see often enough! The sun is shining today! Yay for a sunny Monday!!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a lovely time spent with friends! Your geranium looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the painting over your mantel! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete